Friday, July 5, 2013

PostAWeek 26: The Bug Incident (Foreword by Tom, Chuck, and Paul) By David “PostAWeek Correspondent” Dysart

PostAWeek 26: The Bug Incident (Foreword by Tom, Chuck, and Paul)
By David “PostAWeek Correspondent” Dysart

The Bug Incident: A Special Report

Chuck: Hello, and welcome to the Performer of the Month, and I would like to take this opportunity to ask my co-host, Tom, to just act normal.

Tom: Woah... Way to put me on blast in front of our audience. I can’t believe you would just do that right off the bat.

Paul: That is pretty bad. And pretty unprofessional

Chuck: I was just-

Paul: Hey, guys! We’ve got a special report coming in.

Chuck: A what?

Tom: A special report? From David??

Chuck: That doesn’t even make sense.

Paul: Yeah, it looks like there was a bug incident.

Chuck: What does he want us to do with that.

Tom: Well, PostAWeek readers, it looks like we’re going to throw it to our PostAWeek Correspondent at his Southern California residence for this special summer report on... The Bug Incident.

Chuck: Alright, I guess this means our Summer of Performers, 4 straight week of PotM is no longer a thing. Maybe we’ll see you next week, PostAWeek readers. But for now, enjoy the first ever... Special Report.

Tom: How’s it going David?



Good, Tom. So I got a text from my dad about a beetle he had sprayed, killed, and left for me to dispose of under a cup. At least that’s what I thought it said...

I get home, and I steal a glance to where he said it was, and all I see was the plastic cup... on its side... crunched...

Well... that’s disconcerting, so I take a few steps closer get a closer look. Turns out it was dead, near the cup. I must have just misread the text, so I grabbed an envelope to scoop him up and chuck him outside, but as I kneeled down, my dad runs his hand through my hair and yells that it’s in my hair...

So after that pleasantness, I regain my composure (which I won’t go into detail how much he got me). And when I go back to scoop him up, its leg starts moving. I paused. And then the antenna starts going too, and I just figured it was just some posthumous death twitching, but then the sumb!@t# does a crunch and looks at me. This thing just starts moving around and starts spinning itself. The friggin Deadpool of bugs decided to play a little practical joke on me as it starts trying to right itself.

I sack up and flip it into the cup and rush off to the door to chuck the thing outside. My dad just looks at me and asks me why I did that. Dumbfounded, and look back and ask what he wanted me to do with it.

He told me that I should have ventured off into the dark and lonely path to our trashcans. I laughed in his face and explained how as soon as I got out of eye-shot of him, that bug playing opossum was going to kill me.

That does it for me. Back to you guys in the studio.



Tom: So really, I think that’s fundamental psychological drive for the ménage à trois.

Paul: Wow, I never really thought of it like that. That’s really ensigh-

Chuck: You two! We’re back on the page!

Tom: Whoops! Hello, PostAWeek readers.

Chuck: And on that note, good bye, PostAWeek readers.

Tom: But we never got to the Performers of the Month for May.

Chuck: Yeah, that “Special Report” took up our entire word count, so we’ll have to come back next week.

Tom: Cool, so I basically have this week off?

Chuck: I mean, you were here.

Tom: Sweet, I’m going to go see if that intense psychological analysis works on Chuck’s wife.

Chuck: Wait, what?

Tom: Paul, want to be my +1?

Paul: Sure, let’s go.

Chuck: Wait, wait, wait.

/Door shuts

Chuck: I don’t know how to produce the show guys!

/Buttons click

Chuck: Guys! Well, have a fantastic weeks, PostAWeek readers. Until next time...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Chuck: There it is.


Listening to
Alan Cumming

Twitter Tag
We interrupt this PotM for a special report in honor of Franz Kafka’s birthday, only @ http://tiny.cc/PostAWeek26


Going faster than a “Reply All” email, websites like mine will surely go your way
http://twitter.com/daviddysart All in all, it’s just another post in the feed
http://daviddysart.tumblr.com/ I’m gonna post some tumblrs
http://hangingonbelay.blogspot.com/ Got you stuck on my belay, on my belay like a figure 8
http://daviddysart.blogspot.com/ Posts become as vapid as a blogger out in Starbucks
http://tiny.cc/Facebook_DavidDysart This site has got to be the most pretentious thing
The http my own website is coming soon .com !!!! in all its Glory - and all its Horror

New to the PostAWeek? These are the essential posts to see
3 – January Performer of the Month – The first official appearance of Chuck and Tom on the PostAWeek, and a good sampler of their style.

5, 6, 7 – The February Performer of the Month Trilogy – The only Performer of the Month to span 3 posts, Chuck deals with a Batman-quoting Tom for over 1,500 words in this three-bit of brilliance

8, 9, 10 – The Mile High Diaries Trilogy – My yearly pilgrimage to the top of Mount Etatslac chronicled for the future generations to tackle the peak, written article-style with pulled quotes and all that jazz.
           

Chuck: Dammit! How do I shuck this f#@%ing blog off!!!


No comments: