Monday, May 13, 2013

PostAWeek 18: The Davidian Blog – A Very Mother’s Day Blog


PostAWeek 18: The Davidian Blog – A Very Mother’s Day Blog
By David “Cranial Pain Orgy” Dysart


Tom and Chuck were transcribed in front of an imaginary audience


Chuck: Why, hello there, PostAWeek reader. We have quite the post for you today.

Tom: That we do, Chuck. /shot

Chuck: Woah, Tom, take it easy with the shots. The show just started.

Tom: Which means we don’t have any time to waste! /shot /shot We didn’t have anytime for pregaming, so we have to hit the ground running!

Chuck: Just pace yourself. We’re going to be hear a while.

Tom: Alright. I’ll make a deal with you. Every time I want to take a shot, you can take it instead. /sho

Chuck: Here, here. Give it to me. /shot

Tom: Well, folks. In celebration of yesterday’s Mothers Day, we’re going to be celebrating mothers everywhere and looking back at our old Mothers Day posts from the Bloggaday...

Chuck: ...

Tom: /sh

Chuck: Come on. /shot Oh, goodness, that was terrible. What was that?

Tom: Absinthe.

Chuck: Is that really alcoholic or something?

Tom: Nah. I just didn’t want to spring for something really expensive, so it doesn’t taste really good. /shot /sho

Chuck: Don’t do two! Paul, is he screwing with me?

Paul: Nah, at worst, it’s like 130 proof.

Tom: Did you want to take this one instead of me?

Chuck: ...

Tom: /sh

Chuck: Geeze. Give it here. /shot

Tom: Taste any better this time ‘round?

Chuck: Yeah, actually. I’m feel... Feelin pretty goo-hckkp-d.

Tom: Yeah, I bet. /sh

Chuck: Well, nowholdon... Jush vig it heer. /shot

Tom: Would you like to introduce our first clip?

Chuck: Ahaha. Yesh. Wai. Yesh. Yesh. Dammit

Tom: You can do it, Chuck.

Chuck: Se ye.

Tom: Good jocb, Chuck.

Chuck: Thanks, yooouuuu. /shot

Tom: Here, Chuck. Just take this pillow and go lie down.

Chuck: Shanx, Tom. You’re amazing. I luv you.

Tom: And I love your wife, Chuck. Just go to bed. No no, don’t fuss. Here.

Chuck: /shot

Tom: Well, folks. In 2010, Bloggaday author ran a special Mothers Day post. Let’s take a look at that now.

Chuck: /Snore

/CLIP

Another year has come and gone. A changing of the seasons has brought us another Mother’s Day. I hope all you Mothers out there have a great day. Because if there is one thing you Mothers deserve, it’s a great Mother’s Day.

/clip

Tom: Oooo, goodness. Our PostAWeek author was getting a little suggestive. Let’s see how the rest of the post went...

Chuck: Tom, get the bushet!


/CLIP


So be lazy all you Mothers, tucked in bed, perhaps some breakfast in there. Maybe you can read a book all you Mothers. Huckleberry Finn is always a good choice. You deserve some candy, you Mother. Suckers are always a great candy, especially when they have those tootsie rolls in them. Maybe you can go see a comedy show tonight, you Mothers. Tucker, Chris Tucker from the Rush Hour fame is a funny guy. Maybe you could have America’s favorite food, you Mothers. Smuckers would probably be my choice of jelly for you guys though. All in all, you just need to rest you Mothers. Bucker down and just get some R&R.
So to all you Mothers out there, have a great Mother’s Day.


/clip


Chuck: Blargh!

Tom: Let it out, Chuck. Just purge your stomach

Chuck: It’s in the rug. Uuhhh.

Tom: Don’t worry, I’ll rub your nose in it later.

Paul: Tom, we’re back.

Chuck: Don’t leave me, ToUrrghlurpm

Tom: Well, folks. As you can guess, such a racy presentation in the well-wishing, our Bloggaday author had to publicly apologize for it.

Chuck: ArhclpurA!


/CLIP

Last Night Me: I’m laying here in bed at 2 o’clock in the morning, but something is weighing on me. It’s such a burden that I can’t even sleep. I did something incomprehensible. I took something good and pure and special, and what did I do? I made a joke out of it. Worst of all? I did it on Mother’s Day. Granted, it wouldn’t have been any better on a holiday like Arbor Day or Pearl Harbor Day, but I don’t know, it just seems wrong. So very wrong.


/clip


Tom: HALLELUJA, OUR POSTAWEEK AUTHOR HAS SEEN THE LIGHT! HE RECOGNIZES HIS TRANSGRESSION AND IS SEEKING THE FORGIVING LIGHT OF HI-

Chuck: toooOOOMMM

Tom: FORGIVE ME, MY CONGREGATION. I HAVE A CHILD IN NEED OF MY SERVICES!

Chuck: Shhhhh

Tom: WHAT IS IT, MY LOST FLOCK. WHAT IS IT THAT AILS YOU SO?

Chuck: A hangover. You need to shhhhhhhuuuu

Tom: I’M SORRY, MY CHILD! I CANNOT CONTAIN MY LOVE. I CANNOT – I WILL NOT CONTAIN MY ENTHUSIAM FOR THE WORD OF MOTHERS DAY COMING RIGHT NOW!


/CLIP


I just reread that, after all, how can I expect you to do so if I can’t even bring myself to do so? I’ve got to say, it was pretty rough. I want to say I’m sorry. I actually threw up a little bit when I read it. I just can’t believe I went that far, just for a joke. I actually endorsed Smuckers over Concord jelly. There simply aren’t words to describe how sorry I am. I can only hope by giving the subject its own spot on my coveted Bloggaday, I can start repairing the broken trust. I promise that in the future, I will strive to be a better person in not only these matters, but in every aspect of my life. Thank you and have a nice day.


/clip


Chuck: Ugh, it feels like someone stuck tire pump in my eyeball and pumped it until my head exploded in a cranial pain orgy

Tom: That is quite possible the most horrible and atrocious thing I’ve ever heard.

Chuck: Sh sh shhhhhh

Tom: Well, while you fetal position away your hangover, I’ll just be over doing OUR job.

Chuck: You do that.

Tom: Well, it looks like the Bloggaday author finally manned up AND REPINTED FOR HIS SMUCKERS SIN!

Chuck: Not cool! Inside voice.

Tom: Since we’re ridiculously over our word count, I guess we’ll just send you on with the same words of wisdom that closed the Bloggaday 84/85 duo. Straight from the Bloggaday author himself,

/CLIP

Morning Me: That was a rather refreshing nap. Fell asleep at 5 and woke up at 7. Newton took sporadic 2 ours naps throughout the day rather than sleep, didn’t he? Purple garden spades taste lemony 0_o


/clip


Listening to
THE WORD OF MOTHERS DAY! CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!!!!

Twitter Tag
I just came up with Cranial Pain Orgy on a Mothers Day PostAWeek blog. You can’t tell me you’re not #curious http://tiny.cc/PostAWeek18 #CranialPainOrgy


Going faster than a “Reply All” email, websites like mine will surely go your way
http://twitter.com/daviddysart All in all, it’s just another post in the feed
http://daviddysart.tumblr.com/ I’m gonna post some tumblrs
http://hangingonbelay.blogspot.com/ Got you stuck on my belay, on my belay like a figure 8
http://daviddysart.blogspot.com/ Posts become as vapid as a blogger out in Starbucks
http://tiny.cc/Facebook_DavidDysart This site has got to be the most pretentious thing
The http my own website is coming soon .com !!!! in all its Glory - and all its Horror

New to the PostAWeek? These are the essential posts to see
3 – January Performer of the Month – The first official appearance of Chuck and Tom on the PostAWeek, and a good sampler of their style.

5, 6, 7 – The February Performer of the Month Trilogy – The only Performer of the Month to span 3 posts, Chuck deals with a Batman-quoting Tom for over 1,500 words in this three-bit of brilliance

8, 9, 10 – The Mile High Diaries Trilogy – My yearly pilgrimage to the top of Mount Etatslac chronicled for the future generations to tackle the peak, written article-style with pulled quotes and all that jazz.
           

Hi, this is PostAWeek author, David Dysart. I just thought I would give all of you dedicated readers a little inside baseball on this week’s post.
I’ll be honest with you. I was having problems coming up with a post for this week. I have a letter I need to write for a friend, which I was going to do Sunday and post it, but it didn’t end up happening.
Then I got this idea of doing a phone-a-thon style post where Tom and Chuck hosted clips from the Mothers Day Bloggadays. Then I was going to slowly go through the stage of Tom getting plastered, sobering up, sick, hangover. When I started writing it though, I thought it would be funny with Chuck getting drunk. Took a lot more words than I was hoping though.
Anyways, that’s kind of the nuts and bolts for this post (though I will admit, I forgot that my public apology was for the Smuckers comment).



No comments: